- Learn to properly use presentation software such as PowerPoint or Prezi
- Learn to design slides that impact - what gets in and what must get out
- Learn to operate the presentation software without the slides getting in your way.
- Having completed the previous projects of the Basic Educational Path
- No recognition is granted for this project
Your goal for this project is to develop and deliver a speech that uses a presentation software such as PowerPoint or Prezi.
You should have a maximum of one slide per minute, which means that - given the allotted time for this project - your presentation should have at most 7 slides. Each slide should follow the 1-1-1 rule : 1 image, 1 message, 1 sentence. Every element of the slide should have its purpose. Don't use superfluous clipart, animations, transitions and above all, don't waste slides.
For passing the slides back and forth, use either a remote control, or a small wireless mouse. Don't go back to the computer for that.
During the presentation, remember that:
- You're the protagonist and not the presentation
- The role of the slides is to support or illustrate yourpoint, not to repeat it.
- Never turn your back to the audience, and much less read from the slides
- Don’t stand between the projector beam and the screen
- Always give your audience 3-5 seconds to digest each slide after you change them. If the audience needs more time than that, probably your slide is too heavy on text or too complicated and you need to redesign it.
The speaker should not use notes.
If there's a lectern or podium, the speaker cannot stand behind it.
Project Description(In Progress)
Tips and Hints...
Note: Please always check with the official Agora Speakers International Wiki for the latest versions of the educational projects.