A brief introduction to Agora Speakers International
Who are we? - Our Purpose
Agora Speakers International is a worldwide nonprofit association of passionate volunteers devoted to helping people develop their public speaking, communication, critical thinking, debating and leadership skills.
Our Mission Statement
” Agora empowers you to become a brilliant communicator and a confident leader who will actively build a better world”
What’s in it for me?
In Agora Speakers, you will:
- Learn to communicate more effectively
- Learn to move people to action, and lead small and big teams
- Increase your self confidence, your assertiveness and ability to defend your interests
- Defend your viewpoints and principles
- Become a better and more empathic listener
- Be able to deliver great presentations in all sorts of contexts
- Learn to deal with failures during speeches
- Learn to use stories, anecdotes, emotion and humour in your speeches
- Learn to think faster and improvise when things don’t come as expected
- Become a member of a wonderful worldwide community
- Leave a lasting positive impact in your community and in the world at large.
Why is this important?
Public speaking and presentation skills are critical to success in the workplace. Many people pay high fees for seminars to gain the knowledge and confidence necessary to face an audience.
Agora provides an option that is less expensive and held in high regard in business circles. A proven - and enjoyable way to practice and hone communication and leadership skills.
The skills that we teach and train…
- …empower people to pursue their professional and personal dreams.
- …create leaders that have a real positive impact in their surroundings.
- …create more informed citizens that cannot be easily manipulated, resulting in a stronger and healthier society.
You will notice improvements in the way you interact with people in all spheres of your life, and more importantly - you’ll start getting results.