Privacy and Data Protection Policy - Agora Speakers International Foundation
Nov 26th, 2018
This document describes the information we process to support the Agora Speakers International Foundation (henceforth Agora), as well as your rights regarding it under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other legislation.
What information is collected?
For all visitors of the Agora websites (both www.agoraspeakers.org and wiki.agoraspeakers.org), the following information is collected:
- Browser information - Information provided by the browser in its User-Agent header, containing the OS and Browser versions
- Remote IP address from which the request is received
Additionally, for members of Agora that use the Agora Speakers Online Platform, the following information is collected:
- Full name, birth date, Email, and other personal information provided by you in your Personal Profile Page
- Agora Clubs to which you belong and your role in them
- Club meetings and events in which you have participated.
- Educational projects you have completed, speeches and feedback received
- The information you've chosen to make public in your social network profiles.
Where is the information stored?
All information is stored on our servers, located in Germany.
How is the information used?
For all visitors of the Agora websites, we use the collected information for statistic analysis of our visitors and for sizing of our systems to provide a faster and better user experience.
For users of the Agora Speakers Online Platform, we use your information:
- To provide better support to our members.
- To automate and facilitate club management tasks.
- To communicate with our members and notify them of important developments regarding Agora Speakers International
- To promote safety, integrity, and security, by ensuring that all accounts correspond to real physical people, and by combating spam and abusive behavior.
- To promote inter-cultural exchanges and cohesion between the different parts of the organization.
- To ensure transparency in the organization.
- To increase exposure, networking and career opportunities for our members.
How is the information shared?
For users of the Agora Speakers Online Platform, your name. city, country, your activities within the Agora community (such as speeches, club membership, meeting participation, officer roles, etc.), and those personal items that you've marked as public in your profile are shared with:
- The rest of the Agora members via the global directory, to which every member has access.
- Qualified recruiters
- Members of law enforcement, under the terms required by the European legislation.
For non-members of Agora, the information we collect is not shared, except for cooperating with law enforcement under the terms required by the European legislation.
How long is the information stored?
For users of the Agora Speakers Online Platform, your information is stored while you maintain your Agora membership, and after that, until the moment you delete your account.
For non-members of Agora, the information is stored for the shortest possible time required by law enforcement legislation in the European Union.
Information we receive about you can be accessed and preserved for an extended period when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations of possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also retain information from accounts disabled for terms violations for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other term violations.
How do we respond to legal requests or to prevent harm?
We access, preserve and share your information with regulators, law enforcement or others:
- In response to a legal request, if we have a good-faith belief that the law requires us to do so. We can also respond to legal requests when we have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
- When we have a good-faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorized use of the Products, violations of our terms or policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or Products), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory inquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, if relevant, we provide information to and receive information from third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud, abuse and other harmful activity on and off our Products.
How can you exercise your rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the right to access, rectify, port and erase your data. You can learn more about your rights on the GDPR page of the European Commission.
You can exercise your rights by:
- If you're a member of Agora, by using the settings options in your Profile page.
- In the general case, by writing to privacy at agoraspeakers.org
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection Commissioner, or your local supervisory authority.
How is this policy updated?