Fees paid by members
Members of Agora Speakers pay only Club Membership Dues to the clubs they belong to. It's up to each club to decide whether to charge fees or not, the amount to charge and the periodicity. These fees - if any - are paid to and administered directly by the club, and may only be used for the overall operation of the club.
To ensure full transparency, accountability and proper use of funds, clubs that charge fees must comply with all the rules specified in the Club Finances section.
Fees paid by clubs
The fees paid by the clubs to Agora Speakers International depend on the type of club.
Open Public clubs and Public Interest Clubs
Agora does not charge any fees for Open Public and Public Interest clubs - neither for signing up nor for membership.
- There are no sign-up fees.
- There are no club chartering fees.
- You don't need to buy anything from anyone (unless you want to, that is).
- All educational materials are available online for free to all members
- There are no membership fees
- Joining is merely a matter of registering on the website and joining a club
- ... and you still get access to all membership services
This makes it very easy to start a club, should you wish to do so.
Restricted Public clubs
The Agora Speakers fee for a Restricted Public club is $40 / year per member of the restricted club, payable in advance upon chartering of the club.
A minimum of 8 members is required to start a Restricted Public club.
The Agora Speakers fees for establishing a corporate club are as follows:
- A $100 set-up fee.
- A yearly per-member fee of $50, with a minimum of $600 / year if the club has 12 or fewer members.