Our Educational Program has been designed by experienced speakers and people with over 20 years’ experience in adult education, and is based on solid, peer-reviewed scientific research about what works and what doesn’t, in terms of public speaking, persuasion, confidence, charisma, control of nervousness, motivation and leadership.
The Educational Program is composed of one mandatory Basic Path and many optional Advanced Paths. It leads you gently from very humble beginnings to more and more complicated and challenging projects, where you will first speak in front of your fellow club members, and from there proceed to spread your wings outside the nest and speak in front of ever-increasing and wider audiences.
Within each path there are different projects . Each project has a specific learning objective and goals and is designed to help you acquire and practice specific skills - either public speaking or leadership.
The documentation of each project is available online.
All projects follow a similar template, detailing goals, timings, what may and may not be used, how to evaluate the project, tips and suggestions, etc.
You progress at your own pace, and you advance only when you feel comfortable. You can even repeat projects, or go back to revisit old ones. There’s no mandatory speed and there’s no stipulated time for completing any phase or project.
As you progress along the main educational path, you unlock access to more specific paths that explore public speaking in special contexts or environments. You can learn to be a storyteller, or a business presenter, or an educator, or many other options available.
We believe that every speaker is unique, so the Educational Program is also designed to help you discover your own style, instead of imposing on you artificial techniques that will only result in your audience perceiving you as unnatural or - even worse - dishonest.
Check the following Powerpoint Presentations for an overview and general introduction on the Educational Program
The Educational Program consists of several big blocks.
- “The Initial Projects” - A set of easy projects designed to help you make your first steps into the world of public speaking. Furthermore you will lose the fear of being in front of an audience
- “Basics of Speaking” - A set of projects that introduce you to the basic techniques of public speaking, applicable to all kinds of speeches.
- “Basic Club Skills” - A set of projects to get you accustomed to the different roles during a meeting.
- “Speaking Techniques” - Projects become more demanding in this section. You will use more advanced techniques such as anecdotes, emotion, humour, etc. that greatly enhance the impact of some types of speeches.
- “Advanced Education Paths” - Upon completion of some projects of the “Basics of Speaking” and “Speaking Techniques”, you will “unlock” the advanced education paths. Each path consists of several projects that explore specific speaking techniques, contexts or environments. Progress along the advanced paths can be paused and resumed at any time. Here you will find some of the most advanced, but also most gratifying projects. You will have to speak in front of other organizations, engage in actual leadership campaigns and do a lot of work outside of your home club, in the real world hence in uncontrolled environments. The Advanced Education Paths are designed to help you “fly on your own” away from the nest.
This is a clickable map of the educational program. Click on any project or path to learn more about it.