Starting a club is an exceptionally gratifying endeavor:
- It will teach you a lot about leadership. There's nothing more challenging than leading a community of volunteers, where you must constantly negotiate, persuade and delegate.
- You will be creating a lasting and positive impact on the lives of many people. We encourage a lot of out-of-club work and getting involved into leadership of real projects in the community, unrelated to Agora. We want the public speakers that we train to actually go out in the wild and speak and the leaders that we train to actually have a real and positive impact in the world around them. And by creating a club, you will be the starting point of all these ramifications of goodwill.
- You will be part of a vibrant and very passionate community.Some of the people you will meet and lead might turn into professional contacts, some into close friends.
- As Agora Speakers is relatively new, you will be probably creating history in your city or country and will be recognized as the one that started it there. You might end up even being interviewed on radio or TV, as it has already happened to some of our Ambassadors.
- It can be also a very solid proof of your abilities, should you pursue professional positions orjobs involving leadership, management or communications.
If you're starting the first club in your country or state, you might even want to apply to become an Agora Ambassador.
To start a club, you only need:
- A bit of time and energy.
- At least 8 more people that are interested to meet regularly. (This is usually easily achievable as there’s a lot of demand for this kind of learning)
- A meeting venue.
- If you don’t have experience with any other public speaking clubs or organizations, a bit of online training which we will provide.